Saturday, November 3, 2007

Unrequited Desire

I hope you will not dispute, dear reader, that I AM making an earnest effort to settle back into my solitary life here in New Zealand. I have unpacked my suitcase finally, albeit a few too many weeks after my departure from New York, and I have arranged my day-to-day life so that I see her photographs and wear her clothes and smell her Cartier and hear her voice on the phone at least once a day. I have hauled out the "big book of us" which keeps getting bigger by the year and begun to add the most recent installment "Summer of 2007". I listen often to "Beauty & the Beast" and the various other music, romantic and otherwise, which she recorded for me on my iPod. Yes I truly am trying!

BUT there are the inevitable hiccups. One is shown above. This is my new car. The great love of my life bought it for me yesterday. There is only one problem. It is ten thousand miles away! Now not only do I have to hunger endlessly for that elusive tactile connection with her. Now I must hunger for same with this sexy little wagon! The jury is out, currently, on how long I will be able to endure this unrequited dual desire!

No comments: